I. Responsible for the protection of your personal data.
Yucatán Holidays S.A. de C.V. hereinafter (Yucatán Holidays) address at Boulevard Kukulcán, kilometer 7.5, Plaza La Hacienda Local 40, Benito Juárez, C.P. 77500, Cancún Quintana Roo, is responsible for the protection of your personal data collected in terms of the rules established by articles 3, section XIV, 14, 15 and 16 of Mexican Federal Data Protection Law for Private Entities (LFPDPPP).
II. Purpose of use and Personal Data collected.
a) General Data
The personal general data collected such as: name, address, phone number, email, age, date of birth, signature, Federal Taxpayers Registry, Passport or national identity card, home city, job, will be used for the next essential purposes:
- i. To provide all our services hired by our guests and customers;
- ii. Register all your data in order to provide our services;
- iii. To purchase Holidays Passport;
- iv. Allocate customers with codes and Passports necessary to give Access about discounts, campaigns, special prices and other offers content in all our web sites listed in numeral VII of this privacy note;
- v. For compliance of all governing laws;
- vi. To generate our guests and customer physical and electronics files;
- vii. To deal swiftly with any complaints by guests and customers regarding modifications, reservations, cancellations through our Call Center;
- viii. To confirm, verify, correct and update all your personal data;
- ix. To carry out all formalities for your reservations;
- x. To carry out all our billing and collection efforts;
- xi. For the online collection of our services, programs, products by credit card payment;
- xii. To apply extra charges and additional fees;
- xiii. To offer promotions, discounts, advantages and special fees; and,
- xiv. To identify you as a guest or customer.
Additionally, this information can be used for the next non-essential purposes:
a) To offering promotions, discounts, advantages and special fees;
b) For statistical purposes; and,
c) For publicity and marketing purposes.
b) Financial and Estate Data
The financial and estate data collected such as credit card number, bank account, monthly income, additional income, is intended to analyze which benefits our guests and customers have right, and also your financial and Estate data could be required in compliance of money laundering preventions and legislation (Federal Law for Prevention, and Identification of Money Laundering Transactions (LFPIORPI).
This personal data will be collected in a physical document in which, it would be necessary to ask for your express consent with the understanding if you do not give your consent for the legal treatment of your personal data, Yucatán Holidays, will not be able to provide all our services.
Legal Treatment of Personal Data: SHARE THE EXPERIENCE
Our member rewards program “Share The Experience” allow our guests, members and customers to enjoy great benefits such as payment of their maintenance fees, pre-payment of their All Inclusive plan, acquisition of additional nights, reservation of tours, car rentals, reservation of spa services and more. Our members recommend their family members and friends to us and provide their contact information (name and phone number, with their approval and consent) so we can invite them to experience a wonderful vacation at unparalleled rates.
The personal general data (name, phone number, email, country, home city, Passport or national identity card) collected from the referrals (including any pictures of images) will be used for the next essential purposes:
- i. To register you as a part of the Share The Experience program;
- ii. To register your information in our data base;
- iii. To identify our guests, customer and referrals of the Share The Experience program;
- iv. Allocate our members with codes and Passports necessary to give access to our website;
- v. To confirm, verify, correct and update all your personal data;
- vi. To provide information on the program itself;
- vii. To set and deliver all awards and rewards of the referral program;
- viii. To generate our referral electronics files;
- ix. To deal swiftly with any complaints regarding modifications, reservations, cancellations through our Call Center;
- x. Allocate identification codes to our members.
Financial personal data collected in the “Share The Experience” program.
The financial and estate data collected such as credit card number, bank account, monthly income, additional income, is intended to analyze which benefits our members and referrals have right, and also could be require in compliance of money laundering preventions and legislation (Federal Law for Prevention, and Identification of Money Laundering Transactions) (LFPIORPI). This personal data will be collected in a physical document in which, it would be necessary to ask for your express consent with the understanding if you do not give your consent for the legal treatment of your personal data, Yucatán Holidays, will not be able to providing all our referrals program services in terms the rules established by article 8º of Mexican Federal Data Protection Law for Private Entities (LFPDPPP).
Your personal data can be shared with ours service suppliers or third parties, who serve as dependents to fulfill the legal relationship between the guest, customer, member or client and Yucatán Holidays. For these transferences it will not be necessary to obtain your consent, according to Article 37 paragraph VII of the LFPDPPP.
Besides these cases, and unless any of the provisions contained in Article 37 of the LFPDPPP apply, the data provided by our guests, customer, members or clients will not be transferred under any circumstances
IV. Use of Images.
Yucatán Holidays will be able to capture any image and use, reproduce, print, or publish for licit ends, any portrait, photographs and videos taken of our guest, members and customer in which it should appear individually or in group, in any printed, electronic way, web sites images, advertising means, leaflets, magazines, internal gazettes, brochures, newsletters, or other electronics displays and transmissions thereof, including the different media of internal and external communications of Yucatan Holidays and in general in any literary or artistic work, in all its declarations, its interpretations or executions, its editions, its phonograms or video grams and all its emission, related to the operations, the activities and events of Yucatan Holiday.
Yucatán Holidays will be able to modify the image in accordance with all provisions of the Mexican governing laws, for any use aforesaid. The printing will be unlimited. The exclusive rights of use and exploitation contained in this authorization letter will be legally valid in the United Estates of Mexico and worldwide.
V. Restrictions on the use or disclosure of personal data.
In terms the of the rules established by articles 16º section III of Mexican Federal Data Protection Law for Private Entities (LFPDPPP) and the article11º of its Rules of Procedure, if you do not wish to receive communications or advertising by Yucatán Holidays, at any time you can:
1) Enroll in the Public Registry to Avoid Advertising (REPEP for its acronym in Spanish) by the Bureau of Consumer Protection (PROFECO). For more information visit http://rpc.profeco.gob.mx/
2) Send an email to the address email@example.com, requesting stop being contacted for these purposes.
VI. Rights of Access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, and withdrawal of consent.
As stated in the Federal Personal Data Protection Law, you may request the access, rectification, cancellation, opposition to the use of the personal data provided to the responsible, or revocation your consent. Your request will be answered by Rufino Corona, our Privacy Officer, through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, and to revoke your consent, you must follow the following procedure:
1) Send an email to the address email@example.com, requiring the delivery of our application form. You can also submit your request at our legal address (View section I).
2) Fill out the application form, identifying the data on which you request the access, rectification, cancellation, opposition or the revocation of your consent, providing a copy of any of the identifications mentioned in the form in order to prove that you are the owner of the data or its legal representative. After filling out this form you must sent it to the e-mail address indicated in the previous paragraph, attaching all the documents that are relevant to answer your request. For “rectification” applications it will be necessary to specify the changes to be done, including the documentation that supports your request.
3) Once your request is received we will send you a notice with the file number and date of receipt. If your application does not fulfill the legal requirements we will contact you within five business days of the receipt date informing you of this situation. You will have ten business day to provide the information or documents required, otherwise your application will be considered as not submitted.
4) If your application was sent on a Friday or non-working day, it will be received the following working day.
5) Your request will be answered via e-mail in a period of twenty working days from the date of receipt. This period may be extended for twenty additional days for proper reasons this situation will be notified to you in terms of the provisions of Article 97 of the LFPDPPP Regulations.
6) If your application is accepted we will give you access, rectify or cancel you data, register your opposition to the use of your information or revoke your consent within the fifteen business days from the date on which we answer your request. This period may be extended for fifteen additional days for proper reasons this situation will be notified to you in terms of the provisions of Article 97 of the LFPDPPP Regulations.
When your application is accepted, in terms of Articles 32, 33, 34 and 35 of the LFPDPPP we will send your data without any charge through your email address, in case you request or need another form of delivery you will have to pay for the cost of shipment and/or the cost of reproduction of copies or other formats.
VII. Online Personal Data Treatment
This section features the treatment of personal data on our web sites:
When you access any website of Yucatán Holidays, we register your Internet address (this address usually is temporary and is assigned by your Internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system and browser you use. In addition we can trace the pages of the site that you are visiting. The information we collect is used to improve the users experience of our website, the whole process is done without any knowledge of your name or any other information that will allow us to identify you. While visiting any website of Yucatán Holidays, unless you decide to identify with us, your navigation is anonymous.
Yucatán Holidays does not require that you provide personal data to use any of our websites, unless necessary. Some applications may require you to disclose any personal information, our contact forms may require your email address to register and answer your comments, requests, questions or suggestions, and contact you if necessary. In these forms we will not require your name, financial, patrimonial and/or sensitive data, any disclosure of this information is your responsibility, regardless the above, if you voluntarily provide any of this information Yucatán Holidays assures it will be used with strict confidentiality.
Cookies: A cookie is information that an Internet portal sends to your computer, which is stored on your hard drive. The next time you visit our site, we may use the information stored in the cookie to facilitate the use of ours websites. A cookie does not allow us to know your personal identity unless you explicitly choose to provide it. Most cookies expire after a period of time or can be deleted by you at any time. Also you can configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie so you can accept or reject it
All the information that our visitors freely post in any of Yucatan Holidays social network is limited to the terms and conditions of the provider of the social network service.
Yucatán Holidays is committed to ensuring the security of all your personal data information, and it will only be used to receive and respond to any request, claim, or complaint, to maintain a communication cannel and to generate statistical samples of the use of our social network’s sites
If you request information of any our products of services, your personal data information will be used in order to deal with your request and redirect it towards our Customers Service Center for their solution. The customers Service Center will be in contact with you by phone or e-mail. In the event of winning a contest or a prize, your image can be reproduced in our social network to provide evidence of compliance of the rules and regulations of the contest.
VIII. Complaints regarding the use of your personal data.
If you believe that your rights regarding the protection of your personal data have been violated by any conduct, act or omission regarding the attention of your requests or in the use of your personal data, you can submit a complaint with the National Institute for Access to Information and Data Protection (INAI), for more information visit www.inai.org.mx.
IX. More Information – Privacy Office.
If you have any questions regarding the content, interpretation or scope of this Privacy Notice, or need more information regarding the use of your personal data, please contact us through our Privacy Officer Rufino Corona, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice is effective from January 1º of 2012 and may be modified on a discretionary basis by Yucatán Holidays, in terms of the LFPDPPP and its regulations, any amendment will be communicated by posting the new Privacy Notice in any of our websites listed in the VII section of this Privacy Note.
Last Update: April the first of 2018.